This BibTeΧ editor was made to speed up manipulation of entries that need a lot of manual processing. This happens fairly often in humanities where you often deal with historical or grey literature or archive records that are not delivered in BibTeΧ or any other common database format or at least not in satisfying quality (as f. i. the BibTeΧ export of Google Books). It was never meant as a replacement for reference managers like JabRef and very likely will never be. There are a few things I am going to add in near future as they fit perfectly to the data structure:
- On the fly character substitition
- File upload through HTML5 file API
- Renaming entry fields
- Replace field name aliases of the old plain BibTeΧ styles
- If you click into a line with an entry key in the output textarea, the corresponding entry gets loaded.
- If you click into a line with a field name, this particular field gets loaded (but the entry itself will not refresh!).
- Be careful with entry cloning! One often forgets to update all relevant data. If you are going to record a lot of similar entries, create a template for cloning.